Whenever I start talking about my PhD, people always ask, "So, your supervisor, what does he specialize in?" Funny how they always assume it's a man. And funnier still that all three of my supervisors are, by coincidence, women! One of them from the Business School of all places. I wouldn't call myself a feminist, but it does make me happy that women have been able to find their niche in academia.
And the reason why I am suddenly finding myself in the School of Business is because one of my friends suddenly had to fly to England and thus I had to meet with her boyfriend instead (to pick up some stuff and besides, he's a nice guy, so why not?). When the three of us are together, business never enters the conversation. But this time it did - everything I said about Uganda suddenly had a business spin. One of his colleagues of his MBA even did a paper on the hair culture in Kenya and related it to business. And now, because of that small dinner conversation, I am entering the world of business. Which is good, since that is what the current government seems to favor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment