
View from my door a couple of weeks ago. But the tale of the seven puppies is really quite tragic. I tried, I really did. I even squeezed pea-sized maggots out of three of them (which turned them into furry swiss cheese on legs), but alas one died, three went missing (were probably stolen) and two went to the village (not before one of them got badly injured) and the annoying one with the sail-like ears is still kicking around (I don't think anyone would steal her) but she is soon going to a friend.

Fetching water is a regular activity here and one often discussed by my students.

Yes, they have huge insects here. Look at the size of these ant holes.

In Eastern Uganda, in the area where one of my friends was born. The structures from left to right: sleeping hut, shower (the one with the green), 2 granaries and the last one is the kitchen.

Worst picture of me ever - I had just come back from a long day in the field and had gotten covered in dirt from the motorcycle ride. And to think that I had almost gone to the bar to meet some friends looking like that! But don't worry, I generally don't look that aweful and unhealthy - it's just the dirt.
1 comment:
lol I couldn't stop laughing at this picture....sorry...it almost looks like a male version of u.
Thanks for posting new pics! Miss you!
Post a Comment