The pictures are in mixed-up order but please enjoy and let this be a preview of the text to follow.
As some of you may know, I decided to climb Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, over New Year's. This is on the second day on the way up, with a view of the porters with their huge loads and Mt. Mweru.

I, through my organization and parents, hosted a Christmas party for some of the children we work with.

This is how the food was cooked for the children's Christmas party with Maureen (in the front), Jane and another lady whose name has slipped by mind.

I also had my own Christmas party with friends on December 24th where we organized a picnic which we enjoyed on the shores of Lake Victoria, while most of you were shivering in the cold, cold West. I was wearing my heavy boots in preparation for Kilimanjaro. It was a funny coincidence, as when Daphney saw me that day she asked why
mzungus always looked like they are going to climb mountains. L to R: ML, Gladys, Martin Sr., Shallon, Martin Jr., Daphney and Jeff.

My Christmas picnic - all of us spent about two hours cooking at Jeff and Gladys's house and this is what we came up with. It was delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment