Monday, December 8, 2008

Tensions

Strange tension: Maureen spoke with a dreamy voice, “If I have money, I will buy a chicken for Christmas.” A chicken costs approximately $7 here (10 000UGX). “Hmmm,” though I. “I should buy them their Christmas chicken...” But the thought of buying a live chicken and bringing it to its eventual death is difficult for me. Yet I have no problem buying dead meat in a supermarket... It’s strange how we can disassociate ourselves from the truth in various situations, because if I buy a chicken dead or alive, it’s the same thing in the end.

3 comments:

dave symington said...

you're amazing
I may be having a child with my ex
I'll stop working in about 2 weeks
The universe fascinates me
hope we can talk soon and play backgammon

Love, Dave XoO

Mari said...

Haha What a dilemma!!! I think you should get them the chicken!! :-D

Unknown said...

hey how the heck are you? it sure looks like you are having fun and fulfilling your goals. well you are certainly the only person i know who can say that they have been to karaoke in uganda. Dave pointed me to your blog. awesome stuff. hope to talk to you again.